The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows dates back to the Middle Ages and gained new popularity following the Marian apparitions in Kibeho, Rwanda, which have been approved by the Catholic Church.
The Rosary of the Seven Sorrows, also known as the Rosary of Our Lady of Sorrows, places our attention on the seven sorrows of the Blessed Virgin Mary that pierced her to the Heart
During Mary’s apparitions She promised that when prayed with an open and repentant heart, the rosary would win us the Lord’s forgiveness for our sins and free our souls from guilt and remorse.
The Seven Sorrows of Mary
1. The prophecy of Simeon
2. The flight into Egypt
3. The loss of the Child Jesus in the temple
4. Mary meets Jesus on the way to Calvary
5. Mary stands at the foot of the cross
6. Mary receives the dead body of Jesus
7. Jesus is placed in the tomb