- Religion: Be My Disciples is used for instruction. The students celebrate the sacraments of Reconciliation and Eucharist through the church. They learn the Act of Contrition, practice the rosary and attend weekly Mass.
- Math: Go Math guides instruction. The focus is on Math Facts and building on those to regroup two and three digit numbers. We also focus on strategies for problem solving, measurement, graphs, time and money are also included.
- Social Studies: The end of the year project is “Going to Town Days”. The students learn basic economy and build a business to represent what they have learned. The other classes are invited to share in the experience.
- Science: Many topics including earth, animals, weather, simple machines and sound travel. The students also participate in the ZooEd program.
- Reading: A combination of resources is used to build strength in the areas of phonics, grammar, fluency, comprehension and stamina. The AR system is used to help the children in these areas as well.
- Study Trips: Kansas City Zoo, Kauffman Center (KinderKoncert), Zoomobile visit.
Amy Stark – More Information
Becky Lynch – More Information